NORTHEN LAKE COUNTY ARTS BOARD - OUR PROGRAMS
WILLIAM KELLEY SCHOOL K-12 PROGRAMS (Current & Recent):
MASTERPIECE ART and SKETCHBOOKS: Local artists provide a series of arts experiences for kindergarten and elementary students. All students receive a durable sketchbook in which to draw and write.
PHOTOGRAPHY RESIDENCY: Intensive, hands-on photography experience for fourth grade students, including two fieldtrips and a public exhibit. Paul Sundberg, instructor.
CAMERAS: Funding was acquired to purchase sufficient digital cameras for each student to have a camera to use during the Photography Residencies.
LOON OPERA OF THE NORTH: Financial support provided for LOON production of The Little Mermaid involving William Kelley elementary students as participants and audience.
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS: Provided a $250 scholarship to each of three students to attend weeklong music camp at University of Minnesota Duluth campus this past spring.
SHAKESPEARE PROGRAMS: Funded theater experiences for One Act and other students including “Romeo & Juliet” at Wise Fool Theater in Duluth, “Pericles” at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis and upcoming “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” at the Park Square Court Theater in Saint Paul.
MN BALLET RESIDENCY: Dance residency with kindergarten-thru elementary students.
JEWELRY RESIDENCY: A student suggested a Jewelry Residency which enrolled fifteen students in this two-day intensive experience in design and fabrication of pieces.
OTHER SCHOOL RESIDENCIES & ACTIVITIES:
- American Indian Residency (Story-telling & puppetry)
- Climb Theater (bullying prevention)
- Guest-Author Residency
- UMD Tweed Museum & Planetarium fieldtrips
- Native American Writing Workshop
- Kelley Dupré Mosaic Mural Residency
- Collage Residency,
- Flamenco Dance Residency
- Small-grant to purchase music curriculum materials
- During 2016 funded 40 hours of one-on-one interactive video lessons for students with professional artists through the MacPhail Center for Music in Minneapolis
- The Lost Forty Concert featuring Brian Miller & Randy Gosa
- The Music of Patsy Cline featuring Cassie & the Bobs
- Peter Arnstein, Concert Pianist
- Qing Li, Violin, accompanied by Paola André Gualdi, Piano, of the Piatigorsky Foundation
- A Century of Jazz Concert featuring the Sky Blue Jazz Ensemble
- Brulé – A Native American Experience in Sight, Sound & Soul Concert
- Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra Concert
- Duluth Superior Symphony Concert & Blue Canvas Orchestra
- Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra – String Quartet, community concert
- Cloud Cult Concert
MASTERPIECE ART & SKETCHBOOKS
Sunday December 11, 2016 - Sunday April 30, 2017 08:30pm-03:30pm
Ongoing: 2016-17 schoolyear Local artists provide six sessions of in-class art enrichment activ...read more
MINNESOTA HISTORY CURRICULUM
William Kelley School
Tuesday January 10, 2017 - Thursday April 6, 2017 10:00am-11:00am
Four sessions: 1/10, 2/16, 3/7, 4/6/2017 Grade 6 Minnesota History Museum curriculum portrays...read more
NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY RESIDENCY
William Kelley School
Wednesday May 10, 2017 - Thursday May 25, 2017 08:30am-03:30pm
Sessions: 5/10, 5/11, 5/16, 5/18, public photo exhibit 5/25/2017 Grade 4 Artist-in-Residence...read more